When you’re getting ready to sell your home, working with a good realtor can make all the difference in the process. But how do you hire a realtor in Monteagle, TN, and which questions should you ask? Here’s how to interview realtors and find out whether they’re the right fit for you:
- Credentials: First and foremost, you want to find a realtor that has the appropriate credentials and licensing with your state. It’s also a good sign if they’re part of the National Association of Realtors—that means they follow a strict code of ethics. You can also ask about what kind of training they’ve had, and from whom.
- Experience: Next, ask for more information about how long your realtor has sold homes—and where. You want a realtor who is intimately familiar with the area, so they’ll be savvy marketers and advisors. At least three years of their experience should be in selling homes like yours.
- Success rate: After you’ve considered credentials and experience, ask them about their success rate. You should be especially interested in how easily they’ve sold homes in your area. Also, ask about the list to sale price ratio—a 100 percent rating means they’ve sold every home above asking price.
- Associated costs: You’ll need to work out how much of your sale price will actually land in your bank account, especially if you’re planning to buy another home in the near future. Commissions are usually five to six percent, and can be negotiable. However, escrow, attorney fees and title fees are also worth considering.
- How they got your suggested asking price: Any realtor can give you a suggested asking price—the important thing is to understand how they got there. Their answers to this question can be illuminating. Your realtor should have local comparisons and concrete examples that explain how they arrived at that number.
- Marketing plan: Who is your realtor aiming to sell to, and how will they find that buyer? Not only should they list your home and schedule showings, but they should also have online and traditional marketing plans. This might include photos, videos, social media and brochures. This is also a good time to ask them what they think your home’s best selling features are, and how those will factor into the marketing.
- What to do to get the home ready: Are you planning to live in your home until it sells? If so, that can be a juggling act. Your realtor can tell you the best ways to stage your home and how to work around showings. They’ll also suggest any repairs or facelifts you need to perform before putting the house on the market. (Don’t forget to factor these repairs into your costs.)
Finding the right real estate agent in Monteagle, TN can make a huge difference in whether, how and for how much your home sells. If you’re getting ready to sell your home, the realtors at Gooch-Beasley, Realtors would love to help. Call today to learn more.